HELP!!!!!!! Broken Hatching Egg Day 24?

Watch the veins... once they disappear she should try to hatch some point after. It can take a lo g time period depending on the strength of the chick. Keep it moist that depends on how often it seems to dry out. Watch carefully and be patient she may need some assistance but you can't assist to soon. She has to have time to absorb the yolk and blood in those veins..

I can't really tell from the picture on a estimated time of hatch.
I am not good with celcus... 99.5 f. Is ideal.. I like to keep humidity between 35-45% the first 18 days.. is your thermometer calibrated or do u have more than one in the incubator. It's always good to calibrate or keep more than one to double check temperatures

I will try to check In. In the mornings to help. I am at work at that time so it might be a little hard to at the exact time but I will check in. Post new pics which will help.

I have the humidity at 60 now should I change it? and I only have the one thermometer that is built into the incubator I will definitely be investing in another one tomorrow

It's fine now that it's past the day 18 point. I raise mine to 50-60 from day 18 on... yes those build or not reliable. I suggest before you hatch again purchase at least two thermometer and hydrometer. Amazon has several thay have both and are reliable.

I would say the temp is reading higher than it actually is in your incubator. The chick may be ok. It will just hatch later than expected (day 24 and counting.)

I apologize for not updating I had stayed home from work today to take care of her but she sadly passed her body was cold when I tried to put some more oil, without the shell I don’t think she was warm enough or able to keep heat

Back
Top Bottom