Help! Broody Buff getting bullied. :(

Clark Fowl Fans

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2016
Hi all! I have a broody Buff Orpington, 1 year old. She's been in her coop/run with the other hens since they were born. This one's gone broody but has still been eating/drinking as far as I can tell. What I've seen lately though is that the others are starting to bully her. I thought it was just one & that I had an aggressive one, but my daughter found her in the coop today, cornered, being pecked in the head/neck by all of them. Do I separate the broody one to protect her? For how long? Is there something I should do to correct the behavior (on either side)?

Hi all! I have a broody Buff Orpington, 1 year old. She's been in her coop/run with the other hens since they were born. This one's gone broody but has still been eating/drinking as far as I can tell. What I've seen lately though is that the others are starting to bully her. I thought it was just one & that I had an aggressive one, but my daughter found her in the coop today, cornered, being pecked in the head/neck by all of them. Do I separate the broody one to protect her? For how long? Is there something I should do to correct the behavior (on either side)?
I would separate her for now until she is healed and doesn't act broody anymore

It's very common for a broody to get bullied. They are acting differently. Broodies usually would take themselves off away from the flock to brood eggs so if you can separate her it might be for the best.

Back
Top Bottom