Help...chick hatched and can't stand up

chickmomma5683

In the Brooder
Dec 14, 2016
Brenham TX
I just had one of my baby chicks hatch in the incubator and it can't stand up...flops around and its feet won't unfold. They were tiny eggs so I think it couldn't turn around in the egg, I had to help it out bc it wasn't positioned right. How do I help it stand up? So worried
1f622.png

Ok thanks. I was reading a lot about it and someone said to put it in a cup lined with tissue or paper towels to make it stand up. It's already dried out.

If it's completely dry and still doesn't stand maybe we should look into this. Does it eat or drink at all? I mean since it doesn't walk you'd have to offer. Have any other chicks hatched? Sometimes they just need hive mind to get them in the mood. Heh. How long has it been hatched out for?
I had a couple like this in the past. I hatch sizzles. When this has happened I had to implement the sizzle shot glass. Lol

If it's completely dry and still doesn't stand maybe we should look into this. Does it eat or drink at all? I mean since it doesn't walk you'd have to offer. Have any other chicks hatched? Sometimes they just need hive mind to get them in the mood. Heh. How long has it been hatched out for?
I had a couple like this in the past. I hatch sizzles. When this has happened I had to implement the sizzle shot glass. Lol

Back
Top Bottom