Help - Chicken acting sick

taniatorres

Hatching
Apr 16, 2020
Hello, I need help! I am a new chicken owner. We have one RIR, 5 Maran hens and one Rooster. They are all about 5 months old.
One of the hens has been sitting down alot while all the other chickens are running around doing their thing. Up until today, she has been eating and drinking water. But for the last week has been the last one to come out of the coop. Today, she does not want to come out of the coop and just wants to sit. I can touch her with not problem but she doesnt want to stand or move. she doesnt not have any eggs below her and I dont think she has even started laying as of yet. We have found 3 eggs so far but do not know which hen they are coming from. Also we notice tiny white feathers around her neck (she is black) almost if she was like molting. And when I look at her body, it looks as if she is breathing a little heavier than normal. Can anyone please give me some advice??? I am new at this and have no idea what I am doing.

Attachments

• IMG_6123.PNG
    IMG_6123.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
shes little compared to all the other ones, so not so heavy but when i try to move her, she is just like a weight and doesnt try to even move. when i lift her side she just kinda rolls over on her side. but her breathing heavy is what's wierd.

That really is weird. You might need to contact your vet. Do they care for chickens? I hope so, no one around here does. My vet said just bring one in when it gats sick, cause that is what the internet is for. I really hope your pretty hen gets better. Lots of luck. Would you keep me posted?

Same issue and mine has diarrhoea and a runny nose.
I gave her Net Tex poultrydrops for 3 days which perked her up for a few days but now she is back to the original state. Have started again on theNetTex. poo is bitty and liquidy. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom