Help! Chicken lost a toe and a half

They usually eat laying pellets and grass. I wonder it's from being inside and not eating the grass whenever she wants to. Hopefully tonight I'll either make or buy a new coop for her.

They usually eat laying pellets and grass. I wonder it's from being inside and not eating the grass whenever she wants to. Hopefully tonight I'll either make or buy a new coop for her.

If my hens are kept inside for a while, I'll pick some greens for them. Your hen has been under stress, which can throw her GI system out of whack. She should get better on her own after the stress calms down.

I have heard of the yogurt/ yolk suggestion. It cant hurt to offer it to her, but it's not strictly necessary. If she starts acting listless, then it's more serious than a simple upset chicken tummy.

So I put her outside last night in my white silkie coop. She loves roosting, but I guess she's learned cuddling is nicer haha she got off the roost and cuddled with the others all night. This morning she is better she's running around happily and seems to be the leader haha. If she stumbles a little(using both feet yay) her bestie distracts the others haha. I used a broody hen for inside so maybe she's taken her as her baby they are so cute together.

Hopefully it looks a lot better she's pretty content with her new buddies. I never thought I'd have an Easter egger that cuddled like a silkie haha

Hopefully it looks a lot better she's pretty content with her new buddies. I never thought I'd have an Easter egger that cuddled like a silkie haha
It does look better!
smile.png

Keep up the good work. I know you have taken good care of her. I think she really started getting better when she had some friends to cuddle with.

Thank you for the update.

She’s still alive and fierce. High on the pecking order and one of the fastest to get to the food thanks to you guys. ❤️❤️❤️

Attachments

• 6EB0D8BB-FEF5-4EF9-BE85-79EF2C227E25.jpeg
    6EB0D8BB-FEF5-4EF9-BE85-79EF2C227E25.jpeg
    930.1 KB · Views: 3
  • A3C08208-C05D-4A5A-8B55-3CF979C359AB.jpeg
    A3C08208-C05D-4A5A-8B55-3CF979C359AB.jpeg
    930.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 3505552D-AAFF-4B7D-BB1D-591EA8C95CF0.jpeg
    3505552D-AAFF-4B7D-BB1D-591EA8C95CF0.jpeg
    583.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom