Help, chicken on the verge of dying she’s my most friendly one

Whether or not it's gout, and that would have been my guess on the feet also, she's being attacked by the others because they sense illness or weakness. If she's only laid once at 9 months old (was the egg normal?) then she may have a reproductive problem also. I would separate her, monitor eating, drinking, what droppings look like. Give her a good going over, check weight/body condition, monitor crop function to make sure she's digesting correctly, feel her abdomen for any bloat or swelling, water balloon like or very hard (compare with others if you aren't sure). Try the sour cherry recommended and see if it brings any improvement with her feet.

Whether or not it's gout, and that would have been my guess on the feet also, she's being attacked by the others because they sense illness or weakness. If she's only laid once at 9 months old (was the egg normal?) then she may have a reproductive problem also. I would separate her, monitor eating, drinking, what droppings look like. Give her a good going over, check weight/body condition, monitor crop function to make sure she's digesting correctly, feel her abdomen for any bloat or swelling, water balloon like or very hard (compare with others if you aren't sure). Try the sour cherry recommended and see if it brings any improvement with her feet.
She’s a lot smaller then the rest she laid an egg that was tiny (correct shape). I separated her, she feels like a bag of bones almost not like full and plump like the others but she’s eating and drinking fine, i really appreciate the response.

Have you ever had a fecal done to check for internal parasites? That could be a reason for her to be thin. It's usually not terribly expensive if you have a vet that will run the test for you. It's also possible that something else is going on internally that is causing her to not absorb nutrients like the others. Small eggs sometimes happen with new layers and they will eventually work it out and lay normally. But if her body is not getting nutrients then it will not have the energy to make eggs.

Have you ever had a fecal done to check for internal parasites? That could be a reason for her to be thin. It's usually not terribly expensive if you have a vet that will run the test for you. It's also possible that something else is going on internally that is causing her to not absorb nutrients like the others. Small eggs sometimes happen with new layers and they will eventually work it out and lay normally. But if her body is not getting nutrients then it will not have the energy to make eggs.
I didn’t think of that but she goes straight liquid projectile diarrhea

Back
Top Bottom