HELP! Chickens dying!

ellie97

Songster
8 Years
Apr 24, 2011
I'm so freaked out-two of my chickens, one a year old Barred Rock hen, the other a middle-aged silkie hen, both very healthy, died randomly. The year-old girl on Saturday, the other today. They were both healthy and acting normal, then I just found them lying on the ground-the first one was already dead when I found her, the other was just lying on the ground helplessly and died a little while after.Neither had any kind of abrasion. What might be wrong? What can I do to protect the others? I have a big flock of 35+ hens, and I don't want to lose any more! They are my pets! They are on a layer pellet diet supplemented with cracked corn and always have access to both that and clean water. I am not an expert on chickens-please help!!!

Sorry for your loss... Best thing would be to send them to your state lab for a necropsy or do it yourself. Sending them out is best since they do a lab work, etc and you could only do a basic visual, but it would be better than nothing. Most states do it for free or a smal fee. If you need more help, let me know.

Sorry for your loss... Best thing would be to send them to your state lab for a necropsy or do it yourself. Sending them out is best since they do a lab work, etc and you could only do a basic visual, but it would be better than nothing. Most states do it for free or a smal fee. If you need more help, let me know.

x2
A necropsy would be best. You can contact your local extension office or state department of agriculture to find out how to go about doing this.

Back
Top Bottom