Help! Chickens eating each other!

Chickens are cannibalistic and once they get a taste for blood there's nothing that can really be done to stop it. Unfortunately they will do what they want

I have not had this problem and have had zero experience with it, but would like to throw this out there. The last time I bought feed, I also picked up a bottle of Pick-No-More, which is supposed to stop them from picking and plucking feathers. I was told that you put it on the pickee's feathers, and it tastes so awful to the other chickens that they stop plucking, but it won't hurt them. It may be worth a try.

Guys I really need help, I have had 4 hens that I brought from a local farmer and they were pretty beat up from the rooster. I have been giving them extra protein treats every now and then and changed their food to 22% feed. But their still killing each other! They have been picking on my other hens I’ve had since they were babies and taking their feather off as well as my rooster. I woke up just to see one of them having blood gushing out of their tail. I don’t know what to do anymore I’m really concerned about it. I have them all in a coop together because my flock is getting their feather taken off. But the weird thing is one of the hens I brought with them doesn’t do that she was the worst beat up one she had no feather at all but doesn’t attack or eat feathers like they do. But they are all very aggressive towards each other and my other chickens. Plz leave suggestions.

can you seperate them at all?

I would separate them again. Then after a week introduce them one at a time back to the rest of the group. If you still have repeat offenders then they may not work out for you. Or there may be a ring leader.

I rehomed a rooster to someone who had a problem bossy hen. It worked for a while. Then that hen taught the rooster to pick on the other hens and they both got rehomed.

Back
Top Bottom