HELP CHICKS DYING JUST AFTER PIP

Here are some of my babies!

At what point after the initial pip did you start the assist? I've currently got four eggs that pipped 7 hours ago, and there's been no action since then. My humidity has been at 65% since lockdown, and I have not yet opened it up for any type of inspection.

Last edited:
At what point after the initial pip did you start the assist?  I've currently got four eggs that pipped 7 hours ago, and there's been no action since then.  My humidity has been at 65% since lockdown, and I have not yet opened it up for any type of inspection.

I read something on here once that said as a general rule chicks take an 8 hr nap after first pip- they need to rest to gain strength for the actual hatching process. I have found this rule to be extremely accurate in my hatching cases. I have assisted too early more than once and then realized if I would have just waited the chick would have gotten out just fine. It seems like forever but they can do it!

At what point after the initial pip did you start the assist?  I've currently got four eggs that pipped 7 hours ago, and there's been no action since then.  My humidity has been at 65% since lockdown, and I have not yet opened it up for any type of inspection.

I read something on here once that said as a general rule chicks take an 8 hr nap after first pip- they need to rest to gain strength for the actual hatching process. I have found this rule to be extremely accurate in my hatching cases. I have assisted too early more than once and then realized if I would have just waited the chick would have gotten out just fine. It seems like forever but they can do it!

Back
Top Bottom