HELP! Chirping and moving eggs and now NOTHING!!

kokeff

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Help! First time incubating here! We had two eggs start rolling and moving and also chirping, sometimes loudly, on day 18. It is the morning of day 20 and theres NOTHING. No noise, no movement, and still no pip. Yesterday morning, (so the morning of the 19 day) one of the eggs was chirping a little, but not nearly as much as on day 18. Have we lost them? Are they just being quiet because they are about to pip? Is there anything we can do? Temperature and humidity have been kept consistent and never opened the lid of the incubator. How much time normally passes from when they first start chirping to when they pip and begin their process of hatching? Im afraid we've lost them all now. There are 8 total but only 3 have ever had any movement. Any advice would be spectacular!

Patience is a virtue (and you want it now).
They're working hard in there and it's exhaustive work. They'll come when they're ready and if something went wrong there isn't anything you can do about it.
Hopefully you haven't opened the incy since day 18(lockdown).

Haven't opened the incubator at all! Still no movement. Think they are still alive in there? How long normally from chirping to a pip?

Update! We have a baby!! A little copper maran :) He was one that was peeping a few days ago and went silent on us. Still no movement or peeps or pips from any of the other eggs. Going to wait a few more days and see if anything happens. But now what do we do? I know you are not supposed to take the chick out until he dries and until all the other chicks have a chance to hatch if they are going to. But do I keep my incubator at the same temperature? Its just a little homemade incubator in a styrofoam cooler that stays around 100 degrees and 70% humidity. I do not have a fan either. Is that too hot for the chick that hatched? Do I need to add more air holes to it or is he ok to walk around in there for a day or two?

SO glad he hatched .... hope the others do hatch
fl.gif
i'll keep my finger crossed

Back
Top Bottom