Help, Coccidiosis? red gel balls in poop

Chickenpapa77

Chirping
Sep 28, 2021
My 3.5 yr old Silver Laced Wyandotte is just finishing a molt and has pale comb, decreased energy, and decreased appetite. I thought it was just the molt, but then I found poop with red gel balls in it. I would not characterize it as blood. I found one poop chart saying it was coccidiosis, but description didn’t really match.

I started her on Corid last night, but don’t want to waste time. Plan to call the vet when they open.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3141.jpeg
    IMG_3141.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3175.jpeg
    IMG_3175.jpeg
    508.3 KB · Views: 16
It does look like blood. Have they eaten any new foods or anything red lately? Besides the Corid, I might also consider worming them with Valbazen 1/2 ml orally once and repeat in 10 days. Or use SafeGuard liquid goat wormer 1.25 ml orally for 5 straight days. If you have a vet who would agree to do a fecal float on those droppings, it may rule out coccidia and worms.

It does look like blood. Have they eaten any new foods or anything red lately? Besides the Corid, I might also consider worming them with Valbazen 1/2 ml orally once and repeat in 10 days. Or use SafeGuard liquid goat wormer 1.25 ml orally for 5 straight days. If you have a vet who would agree to do a fecal float on those droppings, it may rule out coccidia and worms.
They have not eaten anything new or red I am aware of lately. I wormed them about a month ago. Thanks for response.

Back
Top Bottom