Help cochin rooster agressive and breeding everyone!!

ShellyBear

Songster
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
A long time ago we got some cochin bantams with some other bantams. the cochins were 2 hens and 1 roo. Mow at the age of 4/5 months he has started to breed even if the girls aren't laying. He just breed the cochin hens, and then my mille fleur girls, then the egg hens which are two times his size, I still ask myself how he get on her. He is the only rooster so wound he still breed for dominants. I feel bad cause every hen gets breed two times a day, and there feathers are being ripped out. please help.
idunno.gif

partridge_cochin_bantam_rooster2.jpg

Last edited:
That's what roosters do. It's not always pretty - especially when they're first figuring things out. When the hens and pullets start submitting, he won't be so rough on them, either. Really, the only way you can stop him from breeding is to separate him (which would not be fair to the rooster) or find him a new home. If you want to keep him, you may just want to not watch for awhile.

He fell asleep on one of the girls I kind of felt bad for the hen but I thought It was funny. He will chase every hen around the yard for at least 10 min. When I was little we had a bantam rooster who would attack me and one day I got really tired of it so the next day when he attack me I kicked him and for getting he was a bantam he went pretty far and I do not abuse my chicken that rooster had it coming. He was just lucky he didn't run into my dad, his life would be over in mear seconds.
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom