Help ! Concerned about Pigeon Eggs

IrisJade

Chirping
Jul 24, 2023
Yesterday We had a tree fall and it landed ok and it had 2 eggs in it. they were still kinda warm. and the mother hasn't returned. i have candle lit them and im seeing vains and a big kinda dot. looks barely developed, i keep thinking its dead and checking them, but i keep seeing vains means its alive? im not seeing any movement idk if i should at this stage? other when i turn the egg. i have no idea how old it is but ive currently got them on a low heat in a electric blanket
if anyone could give me something that would be great..

Yesterday We had a tree fall and it landed ok and it had 2 eggs in it. they were still kinda warm. and the mother hasn't returned. i have candle lit them and im seeing vains and a big kinda dot. looks barely developed, i keep thinking its dead and checking them, but i keep seeing vains means its alive? im not seeing any movement idk if i should at this stage? other when i turn the egg. i have no idea how old it is but ive currently got them on a low heat in a electric blanket
if anyone could give me something that
@RoostersAreAwesome , can you advise this person?

Attachments

• Egg 1.jpg
    Egg 1.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 10
  • egg 2.jpg
    egg 2.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 9
  • egg 111.jpg
    egg 111.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 10
  • egg 22.jpg
    egg 22.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 8
I know nothing about pigeon eggs, but will say that egg #1 looks like it's alive based on the veining. Egg #2 shows a blood ring, meaning the embryo has died. How to keep egg #1 alive is the tricky part. I posted a pigeon incubation article on your other thread. Another BYC member that can maybe help is @LizBirdlover

I know nothing about pigeon eggs, but will say that egg #1 looks like it's alive based on the veining. Egg #2 shows a blood ring, meaning the embryo has died. How to keep egg #1 alive is the tricky part. I posted a pigeon incubation article on your other thread. Another BYC member that can maybe help is @LizBirdlover
i see. i thought that one looked odd. For the first one, im not seeing any movement is that normal? how old do you think that egg is?

I know nothing about pigeon eggs, but will say that egg #1 looks like it's alive based on the veining. Egg #2 shows a blood ring, meaning the embryo has died. How to keep egg #1 alive is the tricky part. I posted a pigeon incubation article on your other thread. Another BYC member that can maybe help is @LizBirdlover[
[/QUOTE]
idk im really confused tbf. because underneath the first one it has a line to the top to the air sac..

i see. i thought that one looked odd. For the first one, im not seeing any movement is that normal? how old do you think that egg is?
Without researching pigeon egg development day-to-day, I have no clue how old the egg may be. Also, if the embryo has only recently died, the veins could still show. The article I linked in your other thread gave the incubation temperature for pigeon eggs. Hopefully someone that knows more about pigeons will reply here soon. Until then, I would stick a thermometer under the electric blanket with the egg, and see if you can get the blanket temp close to ideal.

Without researching pigeon egg development day-to-day, I have no clue how old the egg may be. Also, if the embryo has only recently died, the veins could still show. The article I linked in your other thread gave the incubation temperature for pigeon eggs. Hopefully someone that knows more about pigeons will reply here soon. Until then, I would stick a thermometer under the electric blanket with the egg, and see if you can get the blanket temp close to ideal.
idk i kinda loss hope at this point, i feel like i should see some sort of movement for the first one.

Back
Top Bottom