HELP!!!! CORTUNIX QUAILS NOT HATCHING DAY 22

pattycakessss

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 9, 2014
hello it is day 22 that my cortunix quail eggs been in the incubator and they haven't hatched yet there not even rolling around but when I candle the egg I see them moving someone plzz help
he.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

How is your incubator this morning...did you get it working again?

If so, I gave you all the suggestions needed and to wait. There is nothing else you can do at this point but wait.

Just do your best and keep your fingers crossed!! Keep us posted on what happens with your hatch. :)

In the future (I'm not picking on you, we all went through this) don't touch the eggs and don't open the door. You have already obviously violated one of the most important rules of hatching a couple times it seem like, by opening the bator to candle. I touch them when I collect them, when i set them in incubator, and when I move them to hatcher. That's it. Never open the door after day 14-15 until you are pulling out chicks. The number one problem I see with people new to hatching is being excited and breaking those simple rules. Instead try to let them alone so that you can get some kind of hatch then you'll hopefully have your own birds to give you eggs to learn hatching better with.

Hatching is a chicks first encounter with darwin. When they dont hatch easy and on time, something is wrong. Chicks organize the hatch by communicating in the shell so most will hatch together. About 8-12 hours after that large hatch i throw away all the eggs. That doesnt mean none hatch after that point it means that i dont want the quality of bird that are hatching at that point. Basically they can be in pretty bad shape and still hatch leaving you needing to euthanize chicks.

Back
Top Bottom