Help, Cracked Egg!

Sunwren

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Ocala, FL
I have an incubator full of duck eggs that should be ready to hatch this Monday 6/6. Today they are just moving like crazy and I didn't think they move this early if they still should have 5 days to go?
Anyway, I was debating turning them when they are rocking so much (this is a question I'd love to have answered btw!) and was taking out an egg that actually has a different date on it to move to the other incubator when it slipped out of my hand and fell on another. The one is fine but the one it fell on cracked/slightly dented. It is at the location of the air sac. The egg is still rocking a lot but is it going to die now? Is there anything I can to do to help it? I'm feeling very stupid right now!
sad.png

I had a chicken egg crack the same way that you describe about 6 days before due. I put it in the incubator and then it pipped on the 19th Day. It was rocking and cheeping like crazy. Come to find out that the membrane dried out pretty good from being cracked and the chick was stuck. But it was alive and I helped it out after 24 hours with no progress from pip. Glad I did help cause it is healthy and fine and I saved it!!
big_smile.png

Oh Yeah quit turning 3 days before they are due to hatch.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom