Help day 27 for ducks. I moved them to the brooder.

DeeThomas

Songster
10 Years
Mar 13, 2009
So I moved them from my incubator to my brooder but they have not piped yet, however im getting the tempature up to 99. but they have been cool at around 80 for 30 min. The reason I moved them is because my broodlight and my incubator light are the same so I figured Id put them in early and finish the incubation process brooding. Are they okay for being at 80 for thirty minutes? Should I resetup the incubator but itll take time?? they should hatch tommarow.

Dee, what was the problem with keeping them in the incubator? What caused the decision to switch? I'm probably wrong as I've never hatched chicks before, but don't you still need some humidity?

Your right but I kept the humidity high I moved them back and they are warm now I hope their alive, do u think they are?

They probably are, the are able to withstand mama bird getting off the nest occasionally to eat, drink, and poo. That would cause some temperature shifts and they still live. Just keep an eye on them and monitor the temperature and humidity. Good luck!
hugs.gif
Keep us posted!

Wait the mom chooses not to poo on her eggs? I thought they did not have a sphincter but maybe they know when then need to go. I wonder if I could train mine to litter box train. Has anyone ever done this?

Um, oops I didn't mean they wouldn't poo on the eggs, they pretty much poo anywhere and everywhere, it's just that if they get up to do anything, they're going to poo too. I doubt you could litter train, but hey if you figure it out let us all know how you did it!

Well they are smart so if you can tell them to go to their "litter" when they even have the thought of it. Then that maybe what we need to do it will be hard though.

Back
Top Bottom