Help design my Uniform for dove releases!

bantymum

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
4 hours from Sydney Australia
Hey friends,
Im going to embroider or screenprint a crepe jacket or something similar.
Im thinking "flowy"
This top will be worn to funerals and weddings.
Maybe dove grey colour, cream, I dont like black! on the top.
I really have no idea, Maybe I need a fashion design student to design and make something as part of an assignment!
Id love to have doves on the top somewhere, not too big!
so i guess im brainstorming here.
Anyone with any comments as to what would look nice please contribute!
PC, behave!!!!
love.gif

Thanks

We just had a dove release at my mothers funeral. It was so beautifull...and the song played before the release of course brought us all to tears. I dont know the name of the song...but something like....... Fly on those wings home to Him.
The gentleman that did the release had a grey suit on...so dapper...and white gloves...with a small insignea ( sp) on the lapel...with a white dove. After he released the one..he went back to his truck, and released 2 more...so they would fly home together. The 3 joined, circled a few times...and started on thier journey home. BREATHTAKEING!!
So, anyways....I would think something like a jacket fitted to the waist.....then tails like a tux. ? I dunno. I was so moved by this...I want to start raising them myself.
I am sure anything you wear....will be beautifull.

What an interesting question, what does one wear to release doves?! I like your idea of white, or very light, and I agree that flowy would be a good way to go, or maybe even something with a slight ruffle, sort of like a pirate-type shirt. I think basically you want to avoid looking like a magician, and also I would think you wouldn't want it to attract too much attention away from the bride or the doves, so nothing too showy, just simple and pretty. For some reason I'm also picturing a white asian-type shirt, with the toggle buttons, that could be quite attractive too. Just my 2 cents. This was fun to think about!
smile.png

Quote:
I agree - you want to fade into the background and let the doves and celebrated person be the focus. But you don't want to look like a bum either. I like the gray/cream/simple look.

(It will be tough to draw attention away from yourself - I've seen your pictures!)

Quote:
Oh Dear Deb, Im very sorry to hear about your mum.
I dont quite know what to say, I hope you feel better soon and may the happy memories bring you peace and a smile.

Im so glad that you had a dove release.
Its a beautiful thing to watch.
I am taking lots of bookings now for the funerals and I love doing them as they mean so much, the doves really help to bring a moment of wonder and beauty to such sad occasions.
My most common release is a 12 bird flock release.
The family pull the pretty ribbon attached to the lid on the wicker basket and the doves fly up, then a loved one hand releases the spirit dove which then joins the flock.
The flock guide the spirit bird heavenwards.
Its breathtaking. I also feel that the spirit dove sitting in his beautiful ornate cage next to the casket actually detracts attention away from the casket to provide calm serenity, especially when he starts to coo quietly.
They really are special heavenly birds.
It is said that the white dove is the only creature that the devil cannot morph into.
Im surrounded by my winged angels all day long.
They freeloft so they arent shut back in after the first morning flight. I could go on and on about them.
Even when im inside washing up I can see out the window and they always fly past in formation.
If I go for a walk whilst they are "up" they always come down to see where im going and do a circle around me as if to check in on me.
I say gidday sweeties, where are you going now?
They really get under your skin.
If you hear about anyone who owns racers, homers etc, you will also hear about how much he/she loves their birds.
They give sooo much joy.
Deb, I really want you to go out and buy 6, you can build a loft so easily. then you will share the joy that I do 24/7!!!

Thankyou for the suggestions.
Im now thinking "dove grey" soft fabric jacket and trousers.Chinese style jacket would be beautiful.
I promise to get my personal page in order, its such a slow process uploading on dialup thru photobucket etc.
and i do have lots of sweet pics!
Thanks Deb,
Lovely to hear from you.XXXX
BTW with a name like heavens door acres, you really must have some pidgies!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thankyou annmarie, the toggle buttons would look really nice, i like unique clothing, yes i dont wish to detract attention away from anyone or anything, i just want to be the background but still look professional.
My son Mikey loves to help out too, ill get him a nice suit to wear. He has a name badge with my logo on it to match mine!!
Thnakyou.

Quote:
I agree - you want to fade into the background and let the doves and celebrated person be the focus. But you don't want to look like a bum either. I like the gray/cream/simple look.

(It will be tough to draw attention away from yourself - I've seen your pictures!)

Hey Buff, you saw the wrong pic, you must be talking about goldilocks!! she was a babe.
Thankyou for your sweet comment though, im about to hit 48 but still act 25 and feel about 65 right now!
I like the "dove Grey" colours, and ill get 2 doves printed or embroidered onto the lapels. Cute!
Thanks Hon:hugs

Back
Top Bottom