help!! Desperately trying to help bird

mirchav

Hatching
May 24, 2015
Earlier today I found a bird in my backyard not moving even when my dog passed by. I picked it up and saw it was very young maybe born 2weeks ago or less. I examined him and found he was bleeding with one of his wing bones protruding a bit. I have no idea what to do or where to go so please if you can help me with advice asap I would greatly appreciate! I don't know what kind of bird he is either, and unfortunately I can't afford to take him to the vet (my dad actually doesn't want to pay and I don't have the money.)

Call a wildlife rehabilitator to come and get the bird quickly before it dies. Usually it is free because it is their job to rehome animals

It looks like a predator has got hold of it. Unfortunately when they are that small and wild it is very difficult to rescue them. I have had lots of hurt birds and if they are not too badly damaged put them in a shoe box with a black cloth and a WARM not hot , hot water bottle put holes in and let them 'orientate' it is surprising how they recover. If you can try and get some water down with a dropper that also helps.

I hope it goes well for you, most people ignore hurt wild birds...so very well done for trying

Thank you guys so much, all this helped greatly and thankfully the little guy seems to be healing wonderfully. I did get in contact with a rehabilitator and they gave me tips on how to help the bird and once it seems fully healed i will take him to be rehomed. It is eating and drinking water like it should and it seems quite impatient to start moving again so it won't be long :)

Back
Top Bottom