HELP, DH got subpoenad and we are supposed to be on vaca!!!

key west chick

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Gainesville, GA
DH just got a subpoena in the mail Saturday. All it says is that he is required to show up at the courthouse in a few weeks to be a witness for the state. He doesnt recognize the defendants name, has NO idea who he is or whats going on. We are supposed to be in the middle of our Key west vaca at the time. No way to change the date either. He is gonna call our attorney friend first thing in the morning but Im freaking out! We have gone through so much to put this vaca together and now this. I found the defendants name on line and all I know it that he is a 23 yo male. I tried looking for charges or violations on the courthouse website but cant find anything. Just that its misdermeaner charges. Im soooo bummed. This is the first vaca in almost 5 years we have been able to take a true family vaca all together. Im praying our friend can get things sorted out....

There should be a number to call on the subpoena for situations such as that. The hubby is a paramedic and gets them in order to be a witness - a lot of times they can put you on phone stand-by. Good luck!

unless you signed for it.... You never got it! Delete this post though. At one point in my life I was dodging a subpoena. Folks would show up and ask to speak to "boyd" sorry, he died, I'm his brother earl, can I help you? No? Can I ask what its about? no? Ok, well I guess you are tresspassing. Move along.

Unless it was a sheriff then I never answered. Dude went to jail without my help, and I didn't want to get involved.

Im liking ya'lls way of thinking.....And really, no telling how long it would have sat there if we hadn't been mowing and I happened to look. Usually we just get junk mail in the mailbox, everything else goes to the PO.

Quote:
Gee, why not go through the proper channels like greenfamilyfarms suggested? Call the prosecuters office and explain the situation. Chances are your DH's testimony is not crucial to the case. They'll be able to work with you.

He's gonna call this morning. First our attorney, then the number on the letter. He wants to see what friend says before he calls the other people. Hopefully honesty pays off......

Back
Top Bottom