Help diagnosing sick chicken

kenzee07

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2020
I have a black tail buff Marans that seems pretty sickly. She’s about 8-9 months old. She’s never layed an egg. She seems pretty lethargic. She doesn’t run out of my run when I let the chickens out to free range. If she does come out, she will often just stand still in one spot, and close or flutter her eyes. She has a pale comb.

She still seems to be eating and drinking. I fed her some scrambled eggs with nutridrench about an hour ago that she gobbled down.

Ive checked her for lice & mites, her crop looks normal, poop looks normal. My husband also checked to see if she was egg bound, and no sign there.

None of my other birds seem to be affected. She’s been like this for a few weeks, some days are better than others.

I keep a pretty clean coop, I have a no spill feeder, so the feed is kept clean and dry, and I use a nipple waterer so water is clean as well.

Any suggestions would be great! I’m at a loss as to what could be wrong with her and how to help.
7DA69D1C-D87E-420D-A3A1-6881C2E5B1A7.jpeg

How is her crop? Is it empty first thing in the morning? Or is it squishy? Is there an odor?
Has she laid an egg recently?

Back
Top Bottom