Help do not know what to do

Yes she does poop a lot so i started giving her some calcium but i am trying to see when the vet can see her but she walk a little yesterday (with her wings ) but she kept her balance for a little.

When you say she had been in the water for 3 days, do you mean she was in the water the entire 3 days non-stop? What was the approximate temperature of the water? Was she choosing to stay in the water or could she not get out on her own?

She could not get out of the water (A pond) i do not know the temperature

@Duck Drover

So is this is a pond with a sloped bank she could have walked out of or would she need to get over a rim on an artificial pond to get out? I was thinking if she had been stuck for 3 days she might have some weakness in her legs due to cold temperatures or exhaustion. A leg injury would have obvious signs so I am trying to think what might be going on to cause weakness rather than injury. It sounds like she has a normal range of motion but can't support her body weight for some reason.

It seems like a 3 day soak would have helped pass an egg if she were eggbound but the warm water soak certainly should have done the job. If the problem is with her legs that might be easier to fix than an internal problem. If a bird does not pass eggs it can be fatal. I have not had a hen become eggbound so I am not sure if it effects the leg strength and balance but if that is the case she will not get relief until she passes the stuck egg.

You have alot of good advice already, I was just trying to think about what else her symptoms might be in case there was an easier fix that would not require a trip to the vet. It sounds like taking her in may give you the best chance of discovering what is wrong and how to treat it.

Oh ok well thanks she is actually doing much better she can keep her balance for a few seconds which is better than before and the pond was made when i built my house so she had to most likely fly out

@Duck Drover

Back
Top Bottom