Help..Doe Bleeding

heerchickchick

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Lakeland Fl
My mini rex doe is bleeding from her vagina..she was bred and this would be the time the babies r due. However I have never seen bright red coming from any of my does when they give birth. They do always manage to have them during the night when Im not there to witness it..so with that said is this normal or should I be worried?

My belldandy had her babies about 11am, she had blood as well. I honestly thought the raccoon had gotten back in the coop. Instead it was the stork.

Just keep an eye on her and I'll send you good healthy baby bunny vibes.
smile.png

Thank u for info and putting me a little more at ease. Shes pretty swollen looking down there and she acts like shes trying to push every now and then and she makes a little bit of a grunting sound. Shes in the nest box also and staying there. This is my first litter with her so Im not sure what kind of mother she will be or if she has even given birth before. I guess we shall find out. She doesnt seem to be in too much stress like something is seriously wrong. She looks calm not frightened in other words. I hope shes ok, shes a sweet girl.

She might just have another kit in there. In my first litter I had gone out and discarded the afterbirth and counted babies she had 8, The next morning I went out to check and she had 9 -- she had another baby over 12 hours after she had her "last" one when I counted. She was fine and dandy and her litter grew very very well. I wouldn't worry too much and just leave her alone for several hours without disturbing her.
smile.png

I'm sure she's fine. As a first timer, just make sure she doesn't have any of the babies outside of the nesting box. My doe did this when she went to get a drink, and as they don't coddle their young, ended up trying to eat the evidence. It was awful.

Good luck and post pics when you can!

Back
Top Bottom