HELP!!! Does this chick look okay?

I put her back in her egg with the sac and put it in a piece of egg carton. She must’ve been drinking the fluid that ruptured because what I assume is her crop is bulging out. Either that or she’s got a growth of some sort. It doesn’t look good. If anyone has any advice I’m really worried about her
Sounds like you have done all that can be done on your end. It's up to the hatchling now, but sorry to say it doesn't look good for her, but time will tell. Good luck.

I put her back in her egg with the sac and put it in a piece of egg carton. She must’ve been drinking the fluid that ruptured because what I assume is her crop is bulging out. Either that or she’s got a growth of some sort. It doesn’t look good. If anyone has any advice I’m really worried about her
I didn't see that angle, I'm sorry, it looks like she was a few days behind.

Sorry to hear, hopefully your other hatchlings are doing well.
We got 4 perfect ones so far. Just had another hatch and idk maybe the umbilical area hasn’t closed up? There’s a red thing hanging out of it. Hopefully it’ll be okay. I have 1 more egg in there pipped and fingers crossed no more chick drama.

Attachments

• IMG_5501.jpeg
    IMG_5501.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5500.jpeg
    IMG_5500.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5499.jpeg
    IMG_5499.jpeg
    425.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5502.jpeg
    IMG_5502.jpeg
    546.6 KB · Views: 7
We got 4 perfect ones so far. Just had another hatch and idk maybe the umbilical area hasn’t closed up? There’s a red thing hanging out of it. Hopefully it’ll be okay. I have 1 more egg in there pipped and fingers crossed no more chick drama.
Yes, that should get smaller and dry up/fall off. Just watch it until it does as others may peck at it or get caught on something. I would leave it incubator longer until its mostly receded.

You have done what you can. See what she works out. Maybe she will slow down and finish more slowly. Otherwise nature will sort it out by morning?

You have done what you can. See what she works out. Maybe she will slow down and finish more slowly. Otherwise nature will sort it out by morning?
Thank you for your reply. She did end up dying very soon afterwards. But we got 7 perfect chicks out of that batch and she’s going to feed my comfrey plants this year 😉

Back
Top Bottom