HELP! Don't know what else to do. Baby chick

CarneyChicks

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2015
Hello everyone. I have an EE chick that from the time we brought her home she was "different". Her wings have always been split with the bottoms looking droopy. She was always mellow and just stands around not doing much. I got her to dropper drink water and was giving wet crumbles and she loves them. She seemed to be improving. Yesterday she started getting lethargic again she has a prolapsed rectum and when she tries to poop she sings loudly and squats. At first poop would come out. Now it's just white stuff with mucous. I am treating for Corid. I don't know what else to do for her and I fear I am just prolonging the inevitable by forcing her to drink. Here is a pic of my girl. She is 2 1/2 weeks old. Please let me know what you think the mucous thing is all about.

I would continue treating with Corid for coccidiosis. She may have something different going on, or may just be a weak runt, but dehydration and cocci can cause drooping wings and lethargy. Dosage is 2 tsp of liquid Corid, or 1.5 tsp of powder Corid per gallon of water for 5-7 days. Then put her on vitamins and probiotics for a week.

I believe the problems that she is overly constipated. I don't know how to fix it. She is suffering now. She has several hard masses in her belly.

Back
Top Bottom