Help!! Don't understand how to set up Energizer to poultry netting

FarmerMom83

In the Brooder
May 31, 2023
I bought a poultry netting from Family Farm and Home and I have a Zareba .1Joul solar Energizer. No matter how many videos I watch I am so confused. So the poultry netting says on the label no grounding rod required. Not sure if I still need one or not. I plan on making this netting mobile bare minimum weekly so it would be nice to hook up an Energizer to it and not have to worry about moving grounding rods all the time as well as it looks like those have to be pounded pretty far into the ground. Can someone walk me through set up step by step? Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

I am not familiar with that brand, but when we got our fences we just spent a long time on the phone with the company figuring it all out. Are they the kind of place you can get help from?

There is only one grounding rod, right? Ours was so heavy that it went right in wherever we put it. I am pretty sure that the grounding rod just makes the zap more powerful, but I may be wrong.

Who made the poultry netting, the charger doesn't matter since they are not the one saying you don't need a grounding rod. Do you have a manufacturer make and model for that netting? Maybe a link to what you got?

I have electric netting from Premiere1. When I called them they were very helpful in answering questions.

For electric netting or electric fencing to shock an animal you have to have a complete circuit. You need a hot wire and a ground. With my electric netting all horizontal wires except the bottom one are hot. The soil is the ground so I needed a grounding rod to complete that circuit. I'd be very interested in how this netting company says you can ground it without a grounding rod.

In some cases electric fencing can be different in how you provide a ground, you don't always have to have a grounding rod. But I can't envision that for electric netting unless it is made different to the Premiere1 netting. It may be.

I am not familiar with that brand, but when we got our fences we just spent a long time on the phone with the company figuring it all out. Are they the kind of place you can get help from?

There is only one grounding rod, right? Ours was so heavy that it went right in wherever we put it. I am pretty sure that the grounding rod just makes the zap more powerful, but I may be wrong.
According to the gentleman at the store I did need a grounding rod and he wasn't sure why the net said you don't need one. But I had to purchase the grounding rod seperate

Who made the poultry netting, the charger doesn't matter s
16866637666437465959590391421352.jpg
ince they are not the one saying you don't need a grounding rod. Do you have a manufacturer make and model for that netting? Maybe a link to what you got?

I have electric netting from Premiere1. When I called them they were very helpful in answering questions.

For electric netting or electric fencing to shock an animal you have to have a complete circuit. You need a hot wire and a ground. With my electric netting all horizontal wires except the bottom one are hot. The soil is the ground so I needed a grounding rod to complete that circuit. I'd be very interested in how this netting company says you can ground it without a grounding rod.

In some cases electric fencing can be different in how you provide a ground, you don't always have to have a grounding rod. But I can't envision that for electric netting unless it is made different to the Premiere1 netting. It may be.

Sorry from the looks of it I uploaded the pic in the middle of your thread. I'm not very tech savvy 😂

That video helped. That netting is different from the Premiere1 netting. With the Premiere1 netting all horizontal runs except the bottom are hot wires and the soil is the ground. On that netting the orange horizontals are hot and the green horizontals are the ground wires so the green and orange cannot touch each other or it will be shorted out. When the critter touches the orange and green at the same time the circuit will be closed and it will get shocked. If you hook it up the way the video shows it should work as designed. No ground rod is required with that one.

Back
Top Bottom