Help! Duck egg pip at day 25

Wow! I am so glad I kept the second egg in there with low but still some form of hope. I checked this morning and It has pipped as well! I thought perhaps it died a couple days ago.

No changes on egg #1 though since last posts.

Wow! I am so glad I kept the second egg in there with low but still some form of hope. I checked this morning and It has pipped as well! I thought perhaps it died a couple days ago.

No changes on egg #1 though since last posts.
That’s wonderful! Now your little duck will have a buddy

No changes in egg #1 since original post so we are going on 12+ hours now. Just the same small pip. Is that normal?

No changes in egg #1 since original post so we are going on 12+ hours now. Just the same small pip. Is that normal?
Yes, that is normal! After pipping externally, the duckling can breathe outside air while they rest and finish absorbing the yolk.

It could be 48 hours before you see progress. Or slightly more or less. My first eggs pipped on a Sunday evening and the first one hatched Tuesday midday

You can reassure yourself that it is alive by watching closely for any slight wiggles, or tapping on the incubator above the egg and talking to the duckling to see if it talks back. But don’t be worried if it doesn’t because they don’t move and talk all the time.

Thank you everyone for knowledge and support. Welcome Seaweed!

His eggmate has some good cracks (pipped yesterday morning) but is truly getting rocked and rolled all over. Like to what seems a crazy amount. It's been about 15 hours since the first hatchling and he is now waddling, pecking and is very fluffy.

Keep them in the incubator for a while longer together? Wait until this evening at 24hr mark and remove the hatchling if the other egg is still unhatched?

I feel like I know the answer but my partner is very concerned about the egg being rock n rolled!

TIA

Attachments

• 1000043929.jpg
    1000043929.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 1
Congratulations!!! Welcome baby duck. There’s no harm in taking the duckling out as long as you are quick and have a nice warm brooder ready

One other thing: I think that the peeping of the hatched duckling is encouraging to the unhatched duckling
They are both out! Older sibling was certainly an excellent cheer leader!

This wee one has a bald top of head and perhaps a curled foot... But is bumping around. I will start a new thread for all of my post hatch questions! Thank you at my15ducks.

I have started a new thread as this thread technically no longer applies!

If anyone is willing to throw their knowledge my way the new thread is:

"Help! Hatching Wild Duck Eggs - babies hatch 24 hrs apart + need more input!"

TIA! 🐣🦆

Back
Top Bottom