Help! Ducklings stuck in drainage!

here are the three I’ve managed to rescue and a picture from earlier showing them in the drain.
image.jpg

This is the rig I’ve made to get them up. I left the food down there so when they come up, I block the tunnel and reach down and grab them

How many ducklings are there in total and how many have you rescued so far? Is mama still there calling for them?
I have three, and I believe there are about 5-6 still in there. The mother is staying nearby and calling. I don’t want to give them back to her in case they fall in again. Once I have all of them out, I’ve got some chicken wire I can put on the cover.

They’re not in standing water, at most a very small trickle.

I appreciate it, but I’m not comfortable with a reporter. I have enlisted some of friends to help so I’m not alone anymore :)
Ok I’m glad you have more help now. It would’ve been good exposure to show how our public servants don’t go out of their way to help. You shouldn’t have had to do this and alone mostly. This would’ve put the authorities in their place. We have hard enough time getting help when we really need it.
Post info if you change your mind.
Post pictures of the ducklings and the mama when you get them out.
Good luck.

What do you guys think about using a remote control car from the other end to push them out to the open? Would that be too terrifying for them or even be effective? My main concern is that since we can’t see underground once we put it there, I could accidentally run over them.

What do you guys think about using a remote control car from the other end to push them out to the open? Would that be too terrifying for them or even be effective? My main concern is that since we can’t see underground once we put it there, I could accidentally run over them.
Im not sure. I would think that might really stress them but I think this has been going on too long. Time to get them out.

Im not sure. I would think that might really stress them but I think this has been going on too long. Time to get them out.
I suppose you could try but they might just go around the remote car. Maybe go slow. Hopefully someone else has a wiser answer.

I suppose you could try but they might just go around the remote car. Maybe go slow. Hopefully someone else has a wiser answer.
don’t do it if you might run them over. Maybe somehow jiggyrig a mirror.

don’t do it if you might run them over. Maybe somehow jiggyrig a mirror.
It ended up not panning out; the car got stuck midway through. They come out every once and a while but they know to keep an eye out for me. I’m going to called the SPCA in the morning since I’ve got school tomorrow and can’t be working on getting them out. Still only have three.

Back
Top Bottom