Help ducklings

burdboy

Chirping
Apr 19, 2016
I have three ducklings a khakie Campbell and two Rouen ducklings my two female anew nearly 3x as big as my little male they all have bumble foot which I am treating but the little male is having trouble walking. Please help me!!!

Last edited:
Have you soaked in warm Epsom salt for 20 min? My vet said to soak then try to cut the bumble out. Soak for 20 3x a day, apply ointment and wrap to prevent dirt getting in the wound.
thank you I will try this but the bumbles poped on there own but I wasn't here when this all happened I was on vacation and didn't know about it until late last night I cleaned him up but he still is very small and has a gimpy leg

Last edited:
Okay . . . I would not cut anything at this point.
If the bumbles popped on their own, they were blisters. What have they been walking on? Did someone put them in a tub of hot water? That has happened, someone not paying attention had the ducklings in the tub and ran the water and the water got hot and blistered the ducklings.

Were they walking on hot pavement? Or on something very very cold?

Could they have been exposed to something toxic? Like cleanser?

Please upload photo's - at this point I would get some antibiotic cream, not ointment, nothing with painkiller, and three times a day dab a little bit on their feet. Be sure they are on good bedding - I might use old towels for now - something not likely to scratch their feet.

Okay . . . I would not cut anything at this point.
If the bumbles popped on their own, they were blisters.  What have they been walking on?  Did someone put them in a tub of hot water?  That has happened, someone not paying attention had the ducklings in the tub and ran the water and the water got hot and blistered the ducklings.

Were they walking on hot pavement?  Or on something very very cold?

Could they have been exposed to something toxic?  Like cleanser?

Please upload photo's - at this point I would get some antibiotic cream, not ointment, nothing with painkiller, and three times a day dab a little bit on their feet.  Be sure they are on good bedding - I might use old towels for now - something not likely to scratch their feet.
I use wood chips on top of cardboard I will get pics tomarrow ( there sleeping ) he hasn't been bathed this week because of the bumps and has been in his plastic brooder

Back
Top Bottom