Help ease my guilt.

after all my dealings with "friends" recently, I offer all who ask to stay at my place a nice roomy tent, air matress, and their choice of where they would like to pitch it on my 2.5 acres!! and on cold nights, they can take a goat to cuddle with!! lol don't feel bad, if she can't understand what you are going through, then she isn't that great a friend!!

If your friend didn't think to give you more than 2 days notice, I wouldn't feel guilty at all for declining to give them free housing and entertainment for the night.

Thanks so much, guys! I'm at ease with my choice now... In fact, she's not even coming and I honestly don't feel the least bit guilty about that.

But last night, FloridaChickenChick, I took your advice early and made myself 2 margaritas
big_smile.png
It helped
wink.png
I was really stressed out, wondering if I was horrible... Had 2 strawberry margaritas and all was right with the world
gig.gif

Arlee, we weren't going to Asheboro but that's planned for next year with my family and niece.

Imo, it wasn't cool of her to even ask, knowing your house might be in construction stages and such.
I would have done the same thing. I also agree with the poster saying have a few drinks and you'll feel better.
lol.png

Quote:
I am here in Maine, having a farming family with the big old farm house , all the family thought it was great to "drop" in on the family, they have room, food etc etc! Well, when the farm was sold and the house was down sized, we didn't hear much from the family as they were still upset over the fact that we didnt keep the farm for the family to visit. (this is many years ago)
People take advantage of situations and if someone can't give me a weeks notice, they can sit amungst the chickens pearls & foodless visits! lol. You live your life stretched out in many ways, you cannot drop things on a whim!
Don't feel guilty and that Margarita is sounding wonderful, what are the directions to your house? LOL!!!
lol.png

Here's a funny: No one WANTS to stay with us!
DH gets his feelings hurt that people don't want to stay with us and our teens, cats and chickens. Allergies are the most commonly cited reason for not wanting to be with us...

A college buddy called last week and will be in town this week. They don't want to stay with us, but they did agree to come over and hang out some, plus let us feed them dinner.

CarolinaGirl, don't feel bad. Someone 'passing through' isn't a 2-day stay. And I, too, would've put them in the room with the brooders.
Personally, I like sleeping while listening to the contented peeping of babies!

Back
Top Bottom