Help!!! Eggs in water...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bobby d, May 31, 2010.

1. bobby d

bobby d Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    [​IMG] We had a storm come thru yesterday afternoon. When we went out to check on everyone, we found that our banni nesting boxes were full of water. We have our banni hens laying on some BLRW eggs do to them being VERY broody. We found the hens still laying on the eggs in water. Do you think the eggs drown? The hens have been laying on them since the 20th. We cleaned out the boxes, got the water out and placed new bedding. I'm hoping nothing has happend to the eggs. Please help!! [​IMG]

2. lorieMN

lorieMN Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    montevideo,MN
    there is nothing we can help with,,just have to wait and see.tho its early enough,you could throw them and put fresh ones under the broodies,

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Can't really say. If it 's early in the hatch I would replace them. If not you've got nothing to lose by letting them finish the term. At least that's how I see it.
    Do hope you've taken action to see this doesn't happen again.
    Chickens can surprise you so I wouldn't be surprised to see things turn out ok. Trust your hens to know what they are doing.

Keep us posted.
    Hopeing for the best

Rancher

4. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    I don't know, but I'd leave them alone and see if they hatch. Good luck! Oh - and fix something so that they can't fill up again.

5. bobby d

bobby d Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    Yea I'm kinda in the air about things. If I should leave them or not. We have taken care of the issue, we've never had any type of problem like this before. The storm that came thru was really bad. One that catches you off guard and has you on the edge of your seat wondering if there's going to be a tornado. Thanks for the help!! I'll keep you all posted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by