Help!! feet bleeding

Chickenmomma86

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2020
I need help. I've tried everything I know. I went out to my coop Monday and noticed my little duccle's feet were bleeding and my silkies were pecking her feet. I've got the redness/bleeding and sores to go away but the second I put her back in the coop they are pecking her feet where her feathers are missing and then they start bleeding again. I leave to go out of town tomorrow and I don't know what to do HELP!!! The pictures were from Monday. All her beautiful feathers on her feet are missing :(

Attachments

• PXL_20210831_114944677.jpg
    PXL_20210831_114944677.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20210831_114950394.jpg
    PXL_20210831_114950394.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 10
Chooks will attack them if they sense they’re sick or injured. Could you seperate them for a few days at least until her feet heal? Wait for some feathers to grow back. Make sure they are still near each other and she has shelter and food and water.

I need help. I've tried everything I know. I went out to my coop Monday and noticed my little duccle's feet were bleeding and my silkies were pecking her feet. I've got the redness/bleeding and sores to go away but the second I put her back in the coop they are pecking her feet where her feathers are missing and then they start bleeding again. I leave to go out of town tomorrow and I don't know what to do HELP!!! The pictures were from Monday. All her beautiful feathers on her feet are missing :(

The little vampires have discovered an excellent source of yummy blood and blood cookies (aka scabs). I would not leave her in there with them.

It's possible she's got her blood feathers coming in- and the others have noticed that she's a walking soda (blood) fountain.

So - she needs a safe place that they can't get to her, but she can still see them.

I don't know that this will work in your particular situation, but I've had success getting others to leave areas alone using "New Skin" which is the liquid band-aid stuff. It stinks to high heaven, so I would not apply it anywhere but open-air circumstances. After the bleeding areas are cleaned and VERY importantly - DRY - paint the damaged areas over with the New Skin stuff.

Until you're available to monitor whether this deters YOUR little vampires, I wouldn't leave her anywhere they can get to her. If she can't be in an open air situation, don't use the New Skin - i.e. I wouldn't paint it on and put her in a crate inside, for example.

Back
Top Bottom