Help! Female coturnix quail having diarrhea

I would skip the veggies for now. They can loosen her poop, and you want to be able to clearly see if there's any improvement over the next couple days. Keep feeding her her pellets and the boiled egg yolk and keep us posted on how she's doing.
Got it ! Thank you so much. I’ll keep you posted x

Hi @Nabiki hope you are doing well. I noticed a weird behaviour of my girl… She pecked maybe 3 times on the pallets and then immediately brushed her beak on the bedding for several times. I feed her food she usually has and sprinkle some quail egg yolks on it. She is eating less😢 also she starts losing feathers. I’m quite sure she is already finished molting…
I don’t know what to do, she seems alright, but keeps having diarrhea 😭

I'm going to tag @007Sean to see if he has any advice. He has a lot more experience with illness and disease than I have.

Is there any moldy smell in your pellets?

Oh, just fyi, but this is a pallet
1699279642676.jpeg

These are pellets
1699279692291.jpeg

Judging by the photo, I don't really see anything alarming about her feces. Other than it being a little on the runny side....due to the fact that she's drinking alot of water.
I would stop with all the treats, mealworms, etc. and just give her the pellets....you may want to switch over to crumbles if they are available in your area and in the proper amount of protein.

The second photo of her is a little alarming....kinda showing signs of not doing so well!....but at the same time I can't think of or know what may be causing this behavior.

ETA- correct spelling

Last edited:
@Nabiki lol thank you for the correction, I didn’t notice I spelt it wrong at all… 🤣
@007Sean yeah I know that’s what I’m worried about. Her feathers look ruffled up 😔 she has already been through a tough time when her eyes got pecked, I don’t want her to suffer again… I’m going to take her to the vet to do a proper check. Thank you guys for the help x I’ll let you guys know what the vet says.

What bedding are you using....looks like pine shavings with either cotton wadding or paper?
Yes. I use wood shavings and cotton wadding for small pet to soak up the wet poop. I clean it everyday.
This morning I woke up with this…looks like she is molting again. Will it be possible that she is an indoor bird, last time she molted it didn’t go well cause the indoor temperature is too warm. Currently the weather in the UK is getting quite cold, and she molts again 🤔️?

IMG_5980.jpeg
IMG_5979.jpeg
IMG_5981.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom