1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help Finding Spring Chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by QuillPen, Jan 23, 2008.

1. QuillPen

QuillPen Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2008
    West Virginia
    I've been reading posts on this forum for almost a year now and I think it's just wonderful! This is my first post!

I would like to have chickens this spring. It's been almost ten years since we've had them so it will take me a while to repair the coop and prepare.

I would rather not have chicks. Cute as they are, I would rather have pullets near the point of lay.

Does anyone know where I can order pullets at this age and with beaks intact?

I would like to have Buff Orpingtons for sure, but I would also like Buff Brahma and/or Cochins. If I get BOs, I don't want them bullied.

I live in West Virginia, so commercial hatcheries are not close. The birds will have to be shipped.

Thanks for the help!

2. tink

tink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2007
    upstate SC
    hang out here long enough...someone will know where to get them or they may have some to sell.
    Tink

3. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Well if your in the mood for shipping I'd suggest Mcmurray, Meyer, & Ideal. They should all sell pullets. [​IMG]

4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    There are several members in West Virginia. Just keep your eyes open.
    I'm sure you can find some pullets. I usually have extras due to my hatching
    addiction but am a little too far north.

5. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    Hi! I'm in WV but my stock is very young. Maybe Tuffoldhen can help.
    Sylvia

6. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

There aren't any online hatcheries that sell pullets with beaks intact. You'll probably have to find a private seller or local hatchery.

7. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have some but I think I am much to far from you. Maybe check out your local feed store, often they have bulletin boards with poultry for sale.

8. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    search on craigslist, i always see them in our area, just make sure your not buying old hens.

9. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I be a spring chick [​IMG] seriously........good luck.......

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Yeah I was gonna say that
    I'm a spring chicken !! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by