Help for injured hen

Jparker1970

Hatching
Jul 3, 2021
Something attacked one of our hens yesterday. She lost a lot of feathers and has what look like minor wounds. We cleaned the wounds, applied ointment and set her up inside with us. This morning I see that she’s moved to a new space in her indoor cage and pooped (a runny poop). My concern is that she isn’t really interested in food or water (other than a few sips). She just stays hunkered down and resting. I’m wondering what your suggestions are for nourishing tempting foods to help her heal, and any other suggestions. I want to do what’s best for this sweet girl. Thank you. ❤️

How is she doing this morning?
Do you have any Poultry Nutri-drench or Rooster Booster? I would add 1/4 tsp of that into some wet mash you can make from her food. Add a little scrambled egg. Offer her some sardines or tuna. She needs to recover from the shock.
Moving her in to a warm quiet place is good.

How is she doing this morning?
Do you have any Poultry Nutri-drench or Rooster Booster? I would add 1/4 tsp of that into some wet mash you can make from her food. Add a little scrambled egg. Offer her some sardines or tuna. She needs to recover from the shock.
Moving her in to a warm quiet place is good.
Hi,
Thank you. I’ll pick some up.
I tried egg, wet mash, watermelon- no interest. She is eating and drinking a little now. It definitely doesn’t seem like enough. We see a bubble of air under her skin and wondered if an air sack or lungs were punctured.
Her poop is still runny, but she’s pooping.

Back
Top Bottom