Help for my ducks safety

Omg thank you so much. We talked about digging and put blocks around the bottom of the pen to keep them from digging underneath it. I worry about them reaching in because tonight we seen them reaching in to try and get the food bowl. So this stuff you said will be perfect. Again thank you so much I really can’t tell you how much it means.

I just went out to check on them and this is what I find. Now they are in the house.
9ECF0254-F32D-4633-B75B-8F98D733F4F3.jpeg

I just went out to check on them and this is what I find. Now they are in the house. View attachment 1935186
So glad you brought them in to be safe, that sure was close!
We keep our ducks in the garage at night as well, they like it and we know they are safe.
1025181813b~2.jpg

I'm surprised they don't seem afraid with the raccoon so close to their pen, I would pull their pool towards the center of their pen so the raccoon can't reach in and grab them through the fence.
Beautiful ducks btw :)

Scary picture with the raccoon so close! My nine runner ducks spend their nights in a 3-foot-by10-foot wood-frame shelter that is literally wrapped like a birthday present in hardware cloth. It has a top-opening door and a side-opening door.

Although some folks don't believe in the effectiveness of Nite Gard flashing solar lights, I have one on each side of the shelter and it makes me feel better.

I once watched a mink run over and around the shelter, with no success in getting in. I also had no success with attacking the mink with a three-tined cultivator, but that's another story.

Thank you. I’m getting some stuff today to put around the bottom and I will move the pool that’s a good idea. I worry because they are so trusting in a way. It’s a baby raccoon so I don’t think it wants them. I think it’s more of what are you and can I have your food. So today my we are having them relocated. My babies are safe and having fun. They don’t seem to upset about staying the night in the house.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 8
Thank you. I’m getting some stuff today to put around the bottom and I will move the pool that’s a good idea. I worry because they are so trusting in a way. It’s a baby raccoon so I don’t think it wants them. I think it’s more of what are you and can I have your food. So today my we are having them relocated. My babies are safe and having fun. They don’t seem to upset about staying the night in the house.
We are getting them relocated today.

Back
Top Bottom