Help getting some chicks in SE GA!

Eliz

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Hi I am new to this addicition
smile.png
I started my coop and run but I am having trouble finding some chicks. I know where their is an auction but don't want to resort to buying my new family members that way! Does anyone have some new hatchs to sell in my area? Or do you know a good source in the Savannah, GA area? I could pick them up or do a quick ship. As for the type I would like to have Buff Orpingtons, but I am open to suggestions. I would like pets with benefits
wink.png

Thanks, Elizabeth

Guess no one lives in SouthEast Georgia
hmm.png

Lots of people live in south Ga.

Rememer this is saturday afternoon and that means chicken chores! People are most likely busy right now and will be online later.

Welcome to BYC!

Hey I live in Beaufort SC and Just got a shipment of RIReds, White Giants, SLW, WRocks, & Araucanas. If you wanted to wait, I am not planing on keeping them all but I need to grow them out to figure out what I want to keep. I also have bantams and what were suppouse to be silkies that I have chicks that I hatched that are ready to go now if you are interested. Brad

I live in South East ga, nearer Valdosta. I also have Buff Orps but it will be several months before i'll be having chicks.

Keep looking, and i know of an auction in Pearson, quite a drive, BUT IF you are in a hurry.....may be worth your drive.
big_smile.png

Hey
Check out the Georgia Farmers Market Bulletin - they have quite alist of farm stuff - its where I found my buff orps - in milledgeville but you might be able to find someone closer to you. You can try to google it or if you cant find it email me and I'll send the link.

I knew you guys would come through for me!
big_smile.png
I did come across the Georgia Farmers Market Bulletin today and there was one person in my area that had some pullets for sale, but no chicks and no orps!
sad.png

Buffy-chickchikc I am glad to see that you have some orps because I was alittle woried about how this SE Heat would be on these thick featherd girls. I will keep my eyes open to see what I can find. Thanks for all your help and if anyone else has some info please let me know. THANKS!!

Back
Top Bottom