HELP! Guinea Collapsed

Thanks, @R2elk. I don’t know how to do a necropsy or can afford to have it done. I’ve thought about it all day and think maybe he ran into a big lemon tree planter while running from Daddy Guinea, injured his neck and I exacerbated the injury by picking him up - twice. He was pied I think (black, white and PG) and the alpha male of the Boneheads; I didn’t see or sense any signs of illness before he died. I’m not sure if the pale wattle is significant - the other five Boneheads also have pale wattles but are acting and eating just fine.

Thanks, @R2elk. I don’t know how to do a necropsy or can afford to have it done. I’ve thought about it all day and think maybe he ran into a big lemon tree planter while running from Daddy Guinea, injured his neck and I exacerbated the injury by picking him up - twice. He was pied I think (black, white and PG) and the alpha male of the Boneheads; I didn’t see or sense any signs of illness before he died. I’m not sure if the pale wattle is significant - the other five Boneheads also have pale wattles but are acting and eating just fine.
It wouldn't be the first time a guinea killed itself by running or flying into something.

They really are fragile and can be easily harmed by picking them up wrong..

It wouldn't be the first time a guinea killed itself by running or flying into something.

They really are fragile and can be easily harmed by picking them up wrong..
Thank you, @R2elk. Everything was so chaotic with the chickens, Boneheads, dogs, cat, and me trying to get out of the path of the babies that had just decided to follow Momma off the upper deck…six little babies launching at once…it was raining baby guineas and everyone else was scattering. I think Pie ran out of room and hit the planter or Daddy Guinea flew into him and accidentally shoved him into it. Whatever the cause, I’m sad Pie is gone, he was a beautiful bird. Thank you again for your help.

Thank you, @R2elk. Everything was so chaotic with the chickens, Boneheads, dogs, cat, and me trying to get out of the path of the babies that had just decided to follow Momma off the upper deck…six little babies launching at once…it was raining baby guineas and everyone else was scattering. I think Pie ran out of room and hit the planter or Daddy Guinea flew into him and accidentally shoved him into it. Whatever the cause, I’m sad Pie is gone, he was a beautiful bird. Thank you again for your help.
He was pretty, from the pictures I saw. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom