HELP! Guinea Collapsed

tnctx

Chirping
Jun 28, 2023
One of the male Boneheads (3mo old) guineas kind of collapsed this morning. Daddy Guinea got after him for getting too close to the babies and Bonehead immediately went to the ground and stayed still. After a bit he got up and ran a short distance then again went to the ground and lay still. He didn’t resist or fuss when I picked him up. I checked but the are no visible injuries, blood or anything out of the ordinary except that I was able to hold a very still Guinea. He was alert and strong enough to jump and run when our little dog tried to jump onto my lap but gave no resistance when I picked him up for a second time. Other than a very pale wattle (which I thought just hasn’t reached a deep color bc of his youth) I don’t see anything wrong. I put him into a planter that the chickens like to lay in to keep him out of the way but of the others. What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_9954.jpeg
    IMG_9954.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9962.jpeg
    IMG_9962.jpeg
    947.6 KB · Views: 4
One of the male Boneheads (3mo old) guineas kind of collapsed this morning. Daddy Guinea got after him for getting too close to the babies and Bonehead immediately went to the ground and stayed still. After a bit he got up and ran a short distance then again went to the ground and lay still. He didn’t resist or fuss when I picked him up. I checked but the are no visible injuries, blood or anything out of the ordinary except that I was able to hold a very still Guinea. He was alert and strong enough to jump and run when our little dog tried to jump onto my lap but gave no resistance when I picked him up for a second time. Other than a very pale wattle (which I thought just hasn’t reached a deep color bc of his youth) I don’t see anything wrong. I put him into a planter that the chickens like to lay in to keep him out of the way but of the others. What should I do?
@azygous @R2elk I don't know if you would have any advice or not.

It may still be in submission mode. Watch it is the only thing I would do.

He died. 🥲 Is their any chance Daddy scared him to death? I guess that’s a silly question…bc if so, it was a delayed reaction - he lived for about 10 minutes after Daddy chastised him.
Poor guy, I'm sorry you lost him:hugs

It's hard to know what's going on with them right away sometimes:(

Back
Top Bottom