HELP!! Has this ever happened to you? What happened?

only time i did it was to remove chicks. i didn't see that one and like 2 others. The others hatched fine, but the chicks that were hatched knocked the eggs over. the chick was hatching face down, that's why im wondering if it drowned? maybe as it was chirping it somehow managed to get in water?

I have never had that problem before but it is said that if you can wait til 24 or 48 hours after the first one hatches to remove them they would be better off...you would not shock the unhatched chicks as badly...I always have a three day window before I take mine out just because I know the chicks that were suppose to hatch did...I am always scared that I will kill them if I open it in lockdown...

I have never had that problem before but it is said that if you can wait til 24 or 48 hours after the first one hatches to remove them they would be better off...you would not shock the unhatched chicks as badly...I always have a three day window before I take mine out just because I know the chicks that were suppose to hatch did...I am always scared that I will kill them if I open it in lockdown...
Well I knew that if it got opened it could harm them, i always check to make sure I don't see pips and then remove. If I see pips i won't do it, but I didn't see these. However the others hatched just fine, but this one.. Idk

Thats good...did you do a wet or dry hatch? I am fixing to put a batch in soon but I am not sure if I need to do a wet or dry...I need to get a hygrometer as well what brand did you use and where did you get it?

Thats good...did you do a wet or dry hatch? I am fixing to put a batch in soon but I am not sure if I need to do a wet or dry...I need to get a hygrometer as well what brand did you use and where did you get it?
I did dry and out of 46 eggs only 8 hatched. i now use a brinsea octagon 20. AMAZING!!! love the bator. im actually getting 2 doz buff orpington eggs next week

What is that? I have a still air incubator that I am using...it does not have any turners and I have never used one without one before...I am thinking that I need to just wait and hatch chicks later since I do not have all the things I need for them yet...I have the incubator set up and running 99.5 but I have to figure out the humidity levels...I hope your hatch is good...

Back
Top Bottom