Help !!! hatching goose egg !!

update :
its day 35 for the goose egg and there is still no pip
so i decided to make a little hole in the air cell to see if the gosling needs help
to my surprise the gosling is still alive and there are still veins in the membrane so i returned it to the incubator

its my first time hatching goose eggs i read that goose eggs take 28-35 days to hatch and mine is already 35 days with no pip so i thought it may need assisting i also read that if they are still alive they can get stuck to the shell or die or drown unless they are helped out ...

do you think the gosling will make it ?
i didn't rupture the membrane only the air cell
There are still veins ... that means your baby isn't ready to hatch yet... loosely cover the egg with a damp wash cloth or paper towel to keep the membrane from drying out. Odds are your temp. is running a degree or two low. Take a deep breath and wait... I know it's hard but babies never look at the calendar.
hugs.gif

Hang on just PM'd someone hopefully she'll be on this morning make sure to keep your bator closed and what is the humidity?
Thanks Miss Lydia
hugs.gif

should i cover all the egg with a damp cloth or should i just cover the pip i made ?
do you think it will survive ( from your own experience)?

thank you all !!
hugs.gif
love.gif

should i cover all the egg with a damp cloth or should i just cover the pip i made ?
do you think it will survive ( from your own experience)?

thank you all !!
hugs.gif
love.gif
drape it over the egg... make sure it covers the hole survival is very possible at this stage I'll check in often

ok ill keep it moist i will check on it every now and then to make sure it doesn't dry
how long will it take for the gosling to absorb the veins ?

Hard to say at this point.. when your checking on it see if they are getting smaller and starting to disappear. and watch for the baby to externally pip.

There are still veins ... that means your baby isn't ready to hatch yet... loosely cover the egg with a damp wash cloth or paper towel to keep the membrane from drying out. Odds are your temp. is running a degree or two low. Take a deep breath and wait... I know it's hard but babies never look at the calendar.
hugs.gif

Thanks Miss Lydia
hugs.gif
Thank you psue
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom