Help!! Hatching mat

Danc90

Hatching
Jun 6, 2020
So I must have got may days wrong. I expected to put the hatching mat in today but they’ve just started hatching! it’s only my second go.
Two have pipped and one of those has started unzipping. Should I risk opening the incubator to add the a mat or should I just keep it closed and risk splayed leg?

such an idiot.

Hi there. You're not an idiot!

What is this hatching mat and why would the chicks have splayed legs without it? What is the surface made of that you're hatching on?

If you work quickly it will be fine to add it now, even with external pips.

Hi there. You're not an idiot!

What is this hatching mat and why would the chicks have splayed legs without it? What is the surface made of that you're hatching on?

If you work quickly it will be fine to add it now, even with external pips.
From what I’ve read if the surface is slippery (which it is in my brinsea incubator) it can cause the chicks to have splayed legs, which is why your supposed to add an anti slip mat.

From what I’ve read if the surface is slippery (which it is in my brinsea incubator) it can cause the chicks to have splayed legs, which is why your supposed to add an anti slip mat.
That's what I figured. Just work quickly and put it in there now, they'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom