Help he can't walk properly

NeroTheFirst

In the Brooder
Nov 13, 2021
So I got this baby chick he hatched he was fine but then later he seemed to be injured and he couldn't look up his neck looks curved down and when he runs he flips himself over he can't eat or drink what should i do

20211208_234835.jpg

Attachments

• 20211208_234843.jpg
    20211208_234843.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 4
I've found that soaking a cotton swab (like a Q-tip) in the vitamin solution and touching it to the chick's beak can help prevent aspiration. It's very important to ensure the liquid is properly swallowed and not breathed in.

Best of luck.

So I got this baby chick he hatched he was fine but then later he seemed to be injured and he couldn't look up his neck looks curved down and when he runs he flips himself over he can't eat or drink what should i do
How old is he?? Chicks won’t generally eat or drink for 24-48hrs after hatching.. I would try what was suggested but just keep an eye on him.. and make sure that he is warm. Sometimes they can also suffer “delayed exhaustion” I’ve had a few chicks (and ducklings) that have suffered this.. they just need some extra time to re build up their energy after hatching

Back
Top Bottom