*HELP HELP HELP* Lockdown Temperature too low

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Griffin Nest, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    I went into lockdown yesterday, and my thermostat is being weird now. It refuses to go above 97, even though I've been incubating at 99.5. Will they chicks be too cold and die? Has anyone ever had their lockdown temperature really low and still had a good hatch?? I'm freaking out right now!! [​IMG]

2. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    If your temp has been fine up till now, your chicks will most likely be okay. Maybe just a little bit late. Think about it logically - they're almost fully developed now and getting ready to hatch. And once they've hatched and fluffed up you'll be putting them in a brooder that's going to be 95F at the most. Calm down, they should be fine.

3. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    you should be ok.

just a little behind schedule is all....so if they take an extra couple of days, don't freak! Just make sure you keep that humidity good. You could always try putting warm water in the bator in a sponge?

4. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    that's the thing im worried about. i dont want them to hatch late because im going to be gone [​IMG]

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    You should be ok. They may hatch a little late.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by