help! hen died in front of me-gapeworm?

Fenbendazole For chickensTrying to buy this in the US is extremely difficult But because I was deworming my puppies as well and noticed that my chicken was gasping for air and started to get worse with the head shakes and so forth .I’m searching online everywhere to buy this certain medication and I just can’t find it so I realize to check my dog dewormer because I have read that you could use doggy dewormer Can I read don’t use doggy dewormer but then I read through backyard chickens.com a few times that you could use horse do you dewormer But I think you got a better chance by using the doggie one it’s simple to use 1 g per 10 pounds well if you do the math and use your chicken weight it’s easier to Way the medicine
Sorry for the typos if any I have to use speech to text

I hope someone can help. We have three hens. One RIR had been making odd grunt/cough/bark sound occasionally for about a week and a half. After reading, I thought she might have gapeworm. All three hens eat a lot of earthworms and grubs from the backyard, where they range free during the day. Went to worm her and others with Panacur paste last night, but before I could even get her beak open, she suddenly stretched out her neck and sounded like she was going to vomit. She thrashed away from me, neck out, making a terrible retching/gasping noise, then flapped and spun.She died before I even could put her out of her misery. Awful to watch.

I put a BB-sized blob of wormer on the beaks of the other two birds, and I think they ate most of it. Husband put on gloves and took out poor Jane and bagged her body up to throw away. We didn't want to bury in case a critter would dig her up. Now one of the other hens has her beak open, as if panting. No grunting, no stretched neck, but very occasional stumble. I could be imagining it. Did Jane have gapeworm? Are the others going to die? Any ideas?

I raked pinestraw out of pen and hit everything with DE. Am tossing the eggs the two remaining birds lay.

thank you for any help.
I have a similar problem but mine is 2 months old and I notcied him gasping for air and hisses and stretching his neck out. Right now I am looking for treatment for gapeworms. I found one on Amazon and the reviews are great. I’ll give you the name of it and you should give it to all your chickens even if they aren’t showing any symptoms. It called: Verm-x Liquid Poultry & Fowl internal parasite 250ml. I hope your chickens get better! :)

I have a similar problem but mine is 2 months old and I notcied him gasping for air and hisses and stretching his neck out. Right now I am looking for treatment for gapeworms. I found one on Amazon and the reviews are great. I’ll give you the name of it and you should give it to all your chickens even if they aren’t showing any symptoms. It called: Verm-x Liquid Poultry & Fowl internal parasite 250ml. I hope your chickens get better! :)
It's not gapeworm if you used Verm-X.

Back
Top Bottom