Help! Hen neck drooping suddenly,

I think she has wry neck and your vitamins did the trick. Keep in mind that wry neck is a symptom--some chickens with Mareks do get wry neck, and some do not. Same with the eye problems--some get it, some don't.

What happened? Is she fine now? My chicken has the same thing! I just started the vities et al.

Well I got her neck all strong and no longer drooping, but it is crooked. She was fine with that and walking and standing, but NOW she can't stand and her butt keeps lifting in the air and throwing off her balance so she falls when trying to walk. Her legs seem too week to stand, especially the left side, so she is on the honch part of her left foot to eat. HELP! We are going on two weeks now. I did stop the vitamin e once her neck was better (then I read you need to keep giving it to her for three weeks so back on it). she also was on panacur for worms per the vet, and corrid for coccidosis. How long do I have to treat for coccidosis? When she got worse; super weak on left side and couldn't stand, I stopped the corrid to give her lots of vitamin B; complex, nutridrench, and even polyvisol. That didn't help so now I am back on corrid and vitamin e with selenium. Anyone else have the but up in the air and tilting over issue? HELP!

When my girls had wry neck they had it so severly they couldn't walk and would actually do flips. Both birds were cured but it took a full month.i used vitamin E and selenium and vitamin B and liquid children's polyvisol without iron. I also used predinsone on both birds. Its a slow healing process and you must have patience. It took a full month for my birds to heal. My birds couldn't even eat by themselves they were so severe. Now you would never know they had it. So continue with treatment and in around a month they should be back to normal. Wry neck takes patience. But this treatment works wonderful. Best wishes

Did either of them have a crooked neck? Her neck is now up to normal height, but it became very crooked.

Back
Top Bottom