Help! Hen was wedged between barrel and chainlink - leg is hurt

Toni428

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 29, 2014
She is a Silver-Laced Polish adult. I found her wedged upside down between a barrel and the chainlink. I brought her in the house and I am keeping her in a tote with shavings. She cannot use her right leg. I have examined it and did not find anything wrong with it. No cuts, no swelling, is not cold anywhere and doesn't appear broken. She tries to walk and her toes stay curled up. I can support her and straighten out her toes and she can support some weight as long as I am helping her. She is eating and drinking fine. I have searched the Internet for an Avian Vet and there is not one anywhere near here (Fayetteville, AR). Can anyone advise me what I need to do for her? "Fancy" is my sweet Pet - Please advise - THANK YOU!!

Well, I have had no replies, but I have read tons of other post from people with "injured legs" which has really helped me. I am hoping that it is just a bad sprain and that she will be able to straighten toes eventually.

She is a Silver-Laced Polish adult. I found her wedged upside down between a barrel and the chainlink. I brought her in the house and I am keeping her in a tote with shavings. She cannot use her right leg. I have examined it and did not find anything wrong with it. No cuts, no swelling, is not cold anywhere and doesn't appear broken. She tries to walk and her toes stay curled up. I can support her and straighten out her toes and she can support some weight as long as I am helping her. She is eating and drinking fine. I have searched the Internet for an Avian Vet and there is not one anywhere near here (Fayetteville, AR). Can anyone advise me what I need to do for her? "Fancy" is my sweet Pet - Please advise - THANK YOU!!

It's probably quite bruised and strained. Keep on with what you are doing...warm, quiet, food, water, and rest.

Back
Top Bottom