Help, Hen with curled toes *pics*

Quote:
I hope your hen is still doing well. Mine has now lost the use of both her legs but is still eating well and getting around the cage. My fear of Marek's isn't materializing since she isn't showing any of the other signs. I'm switching her to the vitamin regime I used with my wry neck Barred Rock last spring and seeing what happens since the Poly-vi-sol isn't doing anything.

Mine is 6 months old and this started today,curled toes.
44824_foot.jpg

I'm still not sure what's going on. My hen's toes uncurled, but now her limp has gotten worse. I'm really at a loss. Her egg production is way down too. She used to lay 7 days in a row then take a day off, but she's laying one egg every 3 or 4 days now. The egg quality is still good though.
I am going to have my husband give her one of her shots tonight, hopefully it will help.

Hopefully we can get this figured out soon! Please keep giving updates on how your hens are doing and what's been working or not working to help them!

I'm just hoping at this point that it is not Mareks, as that seems to start with left leg. All you can do is continue with the vitamin support, make sure she has access to oyster shell if she needs it. If it's some kind of injury, it may take a while.

I am amazed!!!The second day of taking the polyvisol she was improving now look at her feet!!She is eating and drinking,she still favors that leg a lttle so she may be in the house for awhile
44824_better_feet.jpg

That is great news!
Henney sorry I didn't get back, I don't think it matters much what time they get vites with the older hens. From my understanding, they should only be on poly-vi-sol for a week or so, then you would want to switch to something longer term like Avia charge, that can go in the water (check the vitamin/electrolyte packets at your feed store). What is her regular diet?

Back
Top Bottom