HELP!!! hen with infected eye and its swollen

hencare

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 11, 2014
Help!! I have a pullet with an infected eye , and it is swollen massively! the eye is completely shut and she can not open it, it looks like she is in pain with it and it is full of puss, because it seems to be oozing out. i do not know wat to do with her!

Should I try to pry open the eye lids and open it to release the puss or what should i do?

Need help imideatly...

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am so so sorry about your hen.
hugs.gif
You need to post this in our emergency section for more help....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Poor girl. I hope someone can help you there and get her back to good health soon.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about your hen.
hugs.gif
I would definitely post this in the emergencies forums--hopefully, people there will be able to help!

Good luck with her!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Sorry to hear about your hen! I'm not sure what's wrong with her. Hopefully, somebody in the Emergencies section can help you and your bird!

have any birds pecked or scratched her eye. I am not qualified to tell you what to do. IF I couldn't get to a vet, I would call for advice. If nothing comes out of that I would probably use warm compresses on her eye hoping it would open a bit and let the pus drain out. I would use some OTC eye ointment that a pharmacist might suggest and see how things go. If it you have others coming down with the same problem then it's infectious and a vet should see it.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You've been given our Emergency link by TwoCrows, and some good advice by drumstick diva, so I'll just say, please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. I hope your pullet's eye improves. Good luck.

Help!! I have a pullet with an infected eye , and it is swollen massively! the eye is completely shut and she can not open it, it looks like she is in pain with it and it is full of puss, because it seems to be oozing out. i do not know wat to do with her!

Should I try to pry open the eye lids and open it to release the puss or what should i do?

Need help imideatly...

I have the same problem w/ my chicken! And it's the same breed too! My chick looks just like yours at the moment

Back
Top Bottom