Help! Hen with tail down won't move anymore

henney

Songster
11 Years
Aug 9, 2008
Reno Nevada
My Rhode Island Red acts like she's sick. She was energetic this morning, ate, and layed her egg. Before we left for the store I noticed she was just standing in the run, 1 hour later when we returned she is in the same spot and won't move. I picked her up and didn't see anything wrong with her. Wonder what could be wrong? Has this happened to anyone's else's chicken? My other hen's are fine.

Did she just stop being broody? her legs could still be kinda stiff if she has. otheer than that I don't know what is wrong with her. I have never had that happen to me before.Good Luck
taylor

She's doesn't seem brody. She got right off the nest. I picked her up this afternoon and held her. After I put her down she ate some pebbles off the ground then drank water. She seems to feel better. I think her breakfast didn't digest well. Maybe ate to fast or didn't eat enough grit yesterday.

Check her crop. I just had a hen who was feeling ill and she had/has digested too much grass and her crop has a slight compaction. good luck with her.

Back
Top Bottom