HELP: Horrible infected eye

Quote:
is that similar to the whole warm tea bag thing?

I recently had an eye issue with one of my girls. I was told by the state ag professor to NOT use anything with medicine as a primary treatment. Causes resistance so if the bird gets an actual real issue the meds may not be effective. Should try all "natural" approaches first and only if they fail then use the meds.....
artificial tears are pretty cheap..and good to have around. I use on the kids if they get dust in their eye or anything, it's a good thing to help flush with

Thank you so much Krista for your quick replies. I will get some tears to have on hand. She is doing much better already, actively hanging with the rest and eating. Her haircut is pretty cute too.

you're welcome. I just had to go glue a 2 month old chicks head together...so I was away.
I would flush every few hours and make a note if you see anything before you do....i.e. is it still crusty, better or worse?
also keep close attention on her nostrils, when researching my girls eye issue I read a bit on sinus infections too, which causes swelling in the eye. if it gets worse instead of better I would get an ointment(I used some of my infants leftover eye stuff when a chick got pecked on the eye and it swelled up) and make sure you listen to her breathing and keep an eye on the rest of the chicks. The earlier you catch some things the better, with no long lasting problems(obviously depending on cause)
Keep us updated
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom